Sharing History With Future Leaders

I was brought to tears in front of my sweet babies today which is a rare circumstance because I feel it is my duty to always be strong for them...so if any of my kids come home and tell you their teacher cried today...it wasn't full blown crying but definitely tears as I explained to them how significant it was for Shanna Peeples to overcome her tough childhood and be standing where she is today. If you didn't get to watch it here is a link.  https://www.whitehouse.gov/live

Get ready for chills and tears...I couldn't be more proud and am so excited that our district made it possible for all of us to share this moment with her and to impress upon our students how important it is and how possible it is for anyone to succeed and overcome no matter where you come from. Thank you Ms. Peeples for inspiring me and my students and for strengthening our bonds just by allowing us to witness your special moment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment